Recipe by threeovens
This is a Cambodian recipe called Pa-con char tapeng P'rang. It is very simple and uses common ingredients, well if you call oyster sauce common.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, place shrimp, seasoning with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the water with the sugar, oyster sauce, and corn starch; set aside.
- Heat your wok, or skillet, over high heat; stir fry oil, garlic, onion, and shrimp.
- Once shrimps become opaque and a pink color, add asparagus.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens; remove from heat and stir in green onion.
- Serve with hot white rice as desired.