Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Fitness Magazine (April 2005), and it credits Le Colonial restaurant in Chicago.
- 2 cups asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- Over high heat, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- While asparagus cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Drain asparagus and add to shrimp.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add to shrimp; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens and turns glossy.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve.
Who says making dinner has to take a long time,
The is now a keeper of MINE!
Only had one bunch of asparagus, so made up the rest with finely diced red capsicum, TRUE!
Colourfully delicious with a bit of chilli kick too!
Used splenda to make it even more healthy for me!
Seriously, this is an easy to do, YUM recipe!