Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing in the summer as a meal or a pretty start to a special dinner. Works well in a large bowl or as individual salads.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mixed salad greens (or make your own)
- 1 (7 ounce) can small shrimp
- 1 (15 ounce) cancut asparagus spears
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup catsup (or see variation below)
- 1 dash pickle juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill pickle
- Fill bowl with salad, top with asparagus.
- I sometimes use full-length asparagus spears and arrange on top or in individual bowls for a more festive look.
- Sprinkle on shrimp.
- For the dressing: mix mayonnaise, catsup, pickles and pickle juice.
- Variation dressing: mix mayonnaise with 1/3 cup shrimp cocktail sauce. Omit pickles and juice.