Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I serve this chilled over a bad of crisp greens. It can also be served warm over pasta or rice. Serves 2 large portions or 4 appetizer portions.
- 1 lb raw baby shrimp (salad shrimp)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tomatoes, small dice
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Fill a large bowl with water and ice.
- Trim the though end of the asparagus and place in the boiling water. Let cook for about 3 minutes or until bright green and slightly tender. Remove the asparagus and place it in the ice bath until cool. Remove and set aside.
- Pour the shrimp into the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes or until no longer translucent. Remove the shrimp for the water and place in the water bath until cool.
- In another large bowl whick together the lemon juice, zest, vinegar, oil, sugar, and parsley.
- Cut the asparagus into 1 inch long pieces.
- Stir the shrimp, tomato, and asparagus into the lemon dressing.
- Add the salt and pepper, adjust seaoning to taste.