Recipe by LuAnn_Mason
Shrimp and asparagus tossed with fettuccine noodles, with plenty of garlic and pesto.
Top Review by MRM
Thanks! Good simple recipe. A good base to add other veggies as well.
Spiced mine up with a good size spoon of Banana Pepper Pesto, along
with the reg. Basil Pesto. Sprinkled with fresh chopped Parsley &
Extra Parm. (for me) too!
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced jarred roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus pieces and cook as directed on box of fettuccine noodles. Drain and return to the pot. Stir in peppers and pesto. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, just until shrimp are opaque. Toss with cooked pasta and asparagus, then sprnikle with shredded Parmesan.