Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Shrimp and asparagus tossed with fettuccine noodles, with plenty of garlic and pesto.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced jarred roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus pieces and cook as directed on box of fettuccine noodles. Drain and return to the pot. Stir in peppers and pesto. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, just until shrimp are opaque. Toss with cooked pasta and asparagus, then sprnikle with shredded Parmesan.
Thanks! Good simple recipe. A good base to add other veggies as well.
Spiced mine up with a good size spoon of Banana Pepper Pesto, along
with the reg. Basil Pesto. Sprinkled with fresh chopped Parsley &
Extra Parm. (for me) too!