Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This pasta dish has a lemon-garlic dressing that gives it a bit of a kick. It's great on a warm summer night.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt.
- Cook fettucine in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, until just al dente.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Steam asparagus to crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Heat shrimp in boiling water, about 1 minute, then drain.
- In a large preheated bowl, toss fettucine, asparagus, and shrimp together.
- Drizzle dressing over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Grind pepper over and toss mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Very good. I reduced the lemon to 2 TBS. Thanks!!
this was an excellent quick meal. we served it with bacon wrapped fresh green beans; we thought we were at a restaurant. the next time we try this recipe, we are going to "surf and turf" by adding a pound of chopped, sauteed bratwurst.