Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
A breakfast/brunch casserole. Make the night before and refrigerate overnight.
Make and share this Shrimp and Artichoke Strata recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion (include some tender green tops)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces medium mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces small cooked shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, divided
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add in the butter and let it melt.
- Add in green onions, garlic, and mushrooms; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in shrimp and artichoke hearts; mix well.
- Place half the bread cubes in a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with the shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the Swiss cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Pour over bread, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring strata to room temperature before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.