Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another tasty combination of two of my favorites. From Real Simple Magazine August 2006.
Make and share this Shrimp and Andouille With Saffron Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces andouille sausages, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 12 saffron threads, crumbled
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon off and discard all but 1 Tablespoon of the fat.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, saffron, and rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and peas into the rice, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto plates and add the cilantro.