Recipe by dmanmont
A delicious recipe from my friends at RC FIne Foods. This goes great over some black beans and rice, or on top of pasta. Preparation time includes marination time.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3 ounces sweet yellow onions, large dice
- 1 ounce fresh garlic, minced
- 3 ounces green bell peppers, large dice
- 3 ounces red bell peppers, large dice
- 12 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces dry sherry
- 14 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breast on angle in thin wide strips,and marinate in 1 ounce olive oil, parsley and basil overnight.
- Heat 1 ounce olive oil in wide pot. Sear chicken and.reserve. Add onion and garlic and cook until garlic just starts to turn golden brown.
- Add peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, sherry, chicken stock and saffron, and bring to simmer.
- Add shrimp and seared chicken with herbs and bring mixture to a simmer until shrimp and chicken are just cooked.
- Serve immediately.