Recipe by frozen_rain
One of our favourite shrimp dishes, which also happens to be easy and elegant! Use the largest available shrimp and serve over rice or with crusty bread to soak up the marvelous garlic butter. Source: Meridian Foods (Note: Oftentimes, we just do this in the skillet and skip the broiling part! The sauce is so delicious)
- 20 -24 raw shrimp, with tails
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots or 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Stir in lemon juice, worchestershire sauce, cayenne, parsley, and wine.
- Place shrimp on a heat-proof platter or broiling pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the garlic butter mixture over the shrimp; broil five inches from heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over, and pour remaining garlic butter mixture over, and broil 3 minutes longer.
- Allow shrimp to marinate 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve over rice or with crusty bread.