Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very easy to fix shrimp and pasta. The part that takes the longest is shelling and deveining the shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh medium shrimp, shelled
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces butter
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- salt (as needed)
- pepper (as needed)
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling salted water.
- While pasta is boiling, heat the oil in a sauté pan, add onion, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, sauté 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter, wine, red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and place on plate and pour shrimp mixture over it.
This was nice, but we felt it lacked something. Tried adding parmesan, but it wasn't that. On the plus side it was very quick and easy to make (I bought shelled, de-veined shrimp) and uses few ingredients, all of which are readily available. As made today we'd give it a 3, but I don't think it would take much to elevate it from good to great. Next time I'll try adding Italian mixed herbs and will post a rating.
Wonderful recipe! It really is a shame that it has sat here for a whole year without anyone trying it. I have to tell you that people are just missing out because this is a great scampi recipe! Nice enough for special occasions, but easy enough for a weeknight. Thanks for posting!