Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
In this recipe, I stand on the shoulders of giants … many recipes I have tried over the years and modified. I love it but it will definitely put the pounds on you if you eat it often.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom (cut into small slices)
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (cut into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb dry fettuccine
- 1 tomatoes (seeded and cut)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Cook the fettuccini noodles like any other pasta noodles. Boil for 10 minutes or until soft and drain with a colander.
- Chop the tomatoes up into small chunks and set aside.
- Cut the mushrooms up into small slices and put them into a medium to large saucepan.
- Cut up the cream cheese and butter into small pieces, add to the saucepan.
- Add the parmesan cheese, milk, cream, black pepper, garlic, and corn starch to the saucepan.
- Cook the saucepan contents over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the saucepan.
- Cook another 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- For each serving do the following:.
- Put the noodles on a plate.
- Cover liberally with the sauce from the saucepan.
- Sprinkle some of the chopped tomatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg over the top.
- Decorate with 1 to 2 small sprigs of the parsley.
This was really restaurant quality!!I doubled everything!
superb, but oh my, the guilt! i vowed i wouldn't have a second portion of this but it was so good i couldn't help myself - so here i am just back from the gym after trying to work off the guilt! i left out the mushrooms, since it was already filling enough. great recipe. i love it but will NOT be making it often (repeating to self).