Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you thought regular fettucine Alfredo was good, wait till you try this!
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- In a large skillet, cook the shrimp, the shallot and garlic in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are just firm to touch and opaque.
- Reduce heat to moderately-low and stir in the fettucine.
- In a bowl, beat together the yolks, half and half and the Parmesan.
- Add the egg mixture to the shrimp mixture and cook until the sauce is thickened, tossing all the while so the egg doesn’t curdle, about 3-4 minutes.
- Do not let sauce boil.
- Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Admittedly I made a few changes. I couldn't find a shallot so I used regular onion, skipped the egg yolks and added 1/4 cup more cheese then added 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch to thicken. It was absolutely delicious!! Thanks for sharing your great recipe.
THis is absolutely wonderful!!!! I used linguine instead of fetticine as that is what I had on hand. I will make this again :-)
This recipe was fabulous, my whole family loved it! I didn't change a thing nor would I advise anyone else to change it. This is one recipe that I will continue to use over and over again!