Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you thought regular fettucine Alfredo was good, wait till you try this!
Make and share this Shrimp Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook the shrimp, the shallot and garlic in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are just firm to touch and opaque.
- Reduce heat to moderately-low and stir in the fettucine.
- In a bowl, beat together the yolks, half and half and the Parmesan.
- Add the egg mixture to the shrimp mixture and cook until the sauce is thickened, tossing all the while so the egg doesn’t curdle, about 3-4 minutes.
- Do not let sauce boil.
- Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
THis is absolutely wonderful!!!! I used linguine instead of fetticine as that is what I had on hand. I will make this again :-)
This recipe was fabulous, my whole family loved it! I didn't change a thing nor would I advise anyone else to change it. This is one recipe that I will continue to use over and over again!
Absolutely declicous! Wonderful! 2 thumbs up from every member of my household (Total of 10)! Very simple to make, yet memorable! We did use spaghetti instead of fettucini, because that's what we had on-hand, but the flavor is very fresh, very rich, and a definite keeper! I added a light sprinkling of nutmeg on top too. No leftovers!!! :)