Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love cooking with soups. Sometimes I like making recipes from scratch but when in a hurry soup does the trick. This comes out of an old Campbell's cookbook called "Cooking with Soup". This is a fast and easy recipe to make and tastes great to boot. I know cream of shrimp soup is expensive but try not to substitute for another cream soup. It just won't taste the same.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, diced
- 4 slices toast or 3 cups cooked rice
- Cook onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender.
- Add soup, milk and shrimp.
- Heat until hot, stir often.
- Serve over toast or rice.
- If desired, omit onion and mushrooms; substitute 1/4 cup diced green pepper and 1 Tb chopped pimiento.