Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Justin Wilson's recipe, which irreverently, contains no celery. So much for the trinity theory.
Make and share this Shrimp a La Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried mint
- ground cayenne pepper or louisiana hot sauce
- 2 lbs raw peeled shrimp
- Saute onions bell pepper and parsley in oil until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in the wine, tomatoes, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mint, salt and pepper, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an hour over low heat or until the tomatoes break down into sauce.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp become opaque and not quite "tightly" curled, a few minutes more.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, cooked noodles, or as an omelet filling.