Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 kg curds
- 300 g sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- saffron (a few strands)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pistachios, crushed
- 1⁄4 tablespoon almonds, crushed
- Tie curd in a clean muslin cloth overnight (6-7 hours).
- Take a bowl, put the curd , add sugar and mix.
- Keep aside for 25-30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve.
- Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. milk till well broken and dissolved.
- Keep aside.
- Beat well till sugar has fully dissolved into curd.
- Pass through a big holed strong strainer, pressing with hand or spatula.
- Mix in cardamom powder and dissolved saffron and half of the nuts.
- Empty into a glass serving bowl, top with remaining nut crush.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Making time: 20 minutes (excluding tying and keeping time) Makes: 6-7 servings
- Variations: To make fruit flavoured shrikhand eg. mango, add pulp at the stage of adding cardamom and saffron.