Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dessert is "TO DIE FOR"! It's a favourite with dad and one of my aunts. I saw Chef Rakesh Sethi make this this morning on Mirch Masala, Star Plus. I'm yet to prepare this, but, mom says this is a terrific treat! The number of servings is a guess.
- 500 g hung yogurt (plain yogurt that has been hung overnight in a muslin cloth to drain the water completely out of it)
- 200 g cream, cold
- 4 tablespoons sugar syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green cardamoms, powdered
- 1 teaspoon saffron, dissolved in water
- edible silver foil, to garnish
- raisins, to garnish
- 3 -5 saffron threads, to garnish
- pistachios, to garnish
- Put the hung curd in a bowl.
- Add cold cream and mix really well.
- Add sugar-water syrup which should be of single-thread consistency.
- Add powdered green cardamom and saffron dissolved in water.
- Put in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with edible silver foil, raisins, few threads of saffron and pistachios.
- Serve chilled.