Recipe by Missy Wombat
Dum di do! Shades of Cookie Bear and the Hudson Shrewsbury biscuits and the Cookie Bear Club that every kid of a certain age belonged to... Make your own homemade Shrewsburys.."so hurry, scurry, get your Shrewsbury now!"
Top Review by shanna_trojowsky
I loved eating these cookies and bought them all the time..now I save money by making my own and it tastes so good I store them in the cookie jar that's air tight and they stay fresh for ages.
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 8 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and rind and then beat well.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Knead, roll out and cut into rounds.
- Make a small hole[just under 1 cm diameter] in the centre of every second biscuit.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 deg F.
- When cold, put the biscuits together with raspberry jam.