Recipe by mollypaul
Hot and delicious any time, but wonderful for breakfast. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease muffin pan (or use cupcake liners).
- Sift corn meal and salt together; pour boiling water over the top and stir rapidly.
- Ad milk quickly to prevent lumping.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in baking powder and butter.
- Fill prepared muffin pans 2/3 full and bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, split immediately and insert a generous piece of butter.