Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Careful with this one - if it's not served with a BIG-flavored main course, it may steal the spotlight.
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small vine-ripened tomatoes (crushed & peeled)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- * Measurements are approximate.
- Melt butter in a large, deep pan over medium heat. Fortify with olive oil.
- Saute onions & peppers until onions begin to caramelize.
- Add corn (drained) and spices. Cook, stirring frequently, until corn begins to darken (about 5 minutes).
- Add broth & tomato. Cook, stirring frequently, until reduced and only the delicious, sticky veggies are left.