Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Toasted pine nuts, fresh basil, tangy lemon, and a hint of sweet honey all compliment each other in this delectable green sludge!
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup premium olive oil
- 1 drop honey
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toast pine nuts in an ungreased frying pan over medium-high heat until they begin to brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon, honey, and oil in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Salt to taste and blend.
- Additional oil may be used to reach the consistency you desire.
- Optionally add shredded parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Serve over grilled chicken breasts.