Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I was looking for a way to incorporate a vegetable quiche by using hashbrowns as well. This is an easy recipe, and would be great for a brunch, or ladies luncheon. By subsituting the broccoli for ham or bacon, this could very easily be changed to satisfy anyones tastes. I found the quiche would slice easily after it cooled about 15 minutes.
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 8 large eggs (divided use)
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, chopped, cooked and cooled slightly
- 3 cups swiss cheese, Shredded
- 3 cups half-and-half
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl whisk two of the eggs, and combine thoroughly with the shredded hashbrowns Press potato mixture evenly into a 13" x 9" x 2" teflon coated non-stick pan and up sides to create a crust.
- Press lightly against bottom and up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly distribute the cooked broccoli over top of crust. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Using an 8-cup pourable measure cup or bowl whisk the remaining 6 eggs with the half and half until well combined. Carefully pour over top of the broccoli and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Place 13" x 9" x 2" pan onto a foil-lined rimmed sheet pan return to oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes Slice and serve.
Followed the instructions on timing and this quiche set up perfectly. Next time I think I'll add some type of meat for the men in my life who eat quiche.
Sounds good - I love a good quiche recipe.
Very good. Had it for brunch today.