Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is an simple side to prepare and tastes great. This came from the 'Moosewood restaurant cooks at home' cookbook.
- 4 -5 zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated feta cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Shred zucchini on coarsest side of grater Heat oil in large skillet, add zucchini and garlic Saute on medium heat, tossing often for about 5 mins or until excess moisture has evaporated Add the dill and grated feta Serve immediately.
- The zucchini should be bright green and firm-tender.
This is terrific. I loved the texture and the flavor that the dill and feta added. It's very important to drain the excess moisture. It might be nice to pop this in the oven for a bit to slightly brown the top, but it's fine just as written. Thanx!
This was a nice a twist for zucchini and my new favorite cheese! The recipe should really tell you to press the moisture out before cooking. I didn't and after 7 minutes there was so much moisture than I dumped it into a strainer and then back into the pan. You could probably cut back on the olive oil too. My 10 yr old boy really liked this dish. I will definitely try it again with less moisture, less oil, and no dill (my preference). =) Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent recipe! My husband said that he would let me plant MORE zucchini plants next year so that I could make this again and again(This year all he did was complain about how my zucchini plants were overtaking his garden!) Both my 8 and 10 year olds asked for seconds - I guess you can't get a better review than that!