Recipe by KittyKitty
These are really good, I didn't think i would like them at first, but I changed my mind quickly.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (105F to 115F)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 shredded wheat biscuits, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, butter, sugar, and salt in saucepan;heat until butter melts. Cool to 105°F to 115°F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in milk mixture, eggs, and 2 cups flour; beat at med. speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add remaining 2 cups flour and shredded wheat; beat at med. speed 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl with a spatula. Cover and let rise in a warm place, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, shape into 3/4 inch balls, place 3 balls in each cup of a well greased muffin pan. Cover and let rise, 45 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 375°F for 118 to 20 minutes.