Recipe by andypandy
a nice loaf for the bread machine..change flours to multigrain in place of all purpose, or use all whole wheat...it is to your preference... 1 1/2 pound loaf
Top Review by mandabears
i make this recipe with 1/2 whole whest flour and 1/2 bread flour, and use the gluten, but not the vitamin C. it really good, tastes wonder toasted with butter and raspberry fruit spread.
- 2 large shredded wheat biscuits, crumbled
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vitamin C powder (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow steps according to your bread machine.
- set on light crust setting.
- The original recipe calls for all whole wheat flour.
- and no all purpose flour.
- I have also used Robin Hood Multi grain flour-- I always put in 1 tbsp.
- glueten flour in all my recipes whether it is a plain white or whole wheat breads--.