Recipe by Geema
Sweet, crunchy and healthy...who could ask for more?
Top Review by SweetySJD
Very good! I was concerned with the amount of oil called for so I left it out until I had mixed all of the other dressing ingredients. I decided to only add a tablespoon of oil and I'm glad. I think it would have been way too oily. That also cuts a ton of fat and calories. I used plain yogurt. It's very sweet. This would be great to take to a BBQ! Thank you!
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 apples, grated
- 6 radishes, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 sliced almonds
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all the grated vegetables, apples, dried fruit, and nuts.
- In another bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Chill before serving.
- Line a salad bowl with some lettuce leaves and fill with the fruit and vegetable mixture for a pretty presentation.