Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have to give credit to Asha who posted the original turkey and potato enchilada recipe I tried (Turkey and Potato Enchiladas). I was getting ready to make them again, but my bf wanted shredded turkey instead of ground turkey. Therefore, he inspired this creation. The time can be cut down by using leftover turkey or cooking on the stove top instead of crock pot.
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Corona beer (you can use broth or water)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chili peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups hash browns (I shredded red potatoes)
- 5 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 3 cups enchilada sauce (I always use Enchilada Sauce)
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Cook turkey and broth in crock pot on high for 2-3 hours.
- Drain turkey breast and shred turkey using two forks.
- Return turkey to crock pot.
- Add beer, green pepper, garlic, chilies, tomatoes, taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Add shredded potatoes. Cook on low for another thirty minutes.
- Fill tortillas with turkey mixture and cheese in 9X 13 pan. Placing enchiladas seam side down.
- Top with enchilada sauce.
- Cook for ten minutes at 350.
- Top with cheese and bake another ten minutes.