Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. This pork is great on Kaiser rolls as a sandwich, or with your favorite taco fixins'. Very tasty.
- 3 lbs boneless pork blade roast
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed between your fingers
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- Trim fat from meat.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; rub into the meat.
- Place meat in a roasting pan that has a cover; add beef broth.
- Cover and roast at 325F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender.
- Remove meat from liquid with a slotted spoon; discard excess fat from cooking liquid, reserving the liquid. When meat is cool enough to handle, shred it using 2 forks pulled in opposite directions.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking liquid to use as taco filling. Or, stir in enough cooking liquid to moisten; reheat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, and serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.
- This can also be prepared in a crockpot with equally yummy results:.
- Rub the spice mixture into the meat, place into crockpot.
- Add beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
I knew I would love the flavour......this recipe used all the spices that I love and we were not dissappointed....wait we were....should have bought that 2nd roast to do another batch right away!!!