Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Sauteed cabbage slaw retains some texture that has none of the sulphury taste and mushy texture of cabbage that's been improperly cooked,
- Heat (14-inch) skillet over medium-high heat, and then add oil and onion,
- Sauté to soften onion slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir tomato, ginger, if using, and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add cabbage and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, as the cabbage begins to collapse.
- Add a little water (2 Tbsp.) at a time, as needed if the cabbage becomes too dry.
- Cook for about 13 minutes or until the cabbage is just tender. Season with salt to taste and serve.