Chef mariajane's Note:
This Sauteed cabbage slaw retains some texture that has none of the sulphury taste and mushy texture of cabbage that's been improperly cooked,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat (14-inch) skillet over medium-high heat, and then add oil and onion,
- 2Sauté to soften onion slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir tomato, ginger, if using, and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add cabbage and salt. Stir to combine.
- 3Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, as the cabbage begins to collapse.
- 4Add a little water (2 Tbsp.) at a time, as needed if the cabbage becomes too dry.
- 5Cook for about 13 minutes or until the cabbage is just tender. Season with salt to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Sauteed Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g