Recipe by noaalkalay
A great Crockpot recipe for burritos or tacos. From the cookbook "Don't Panic-Dinner's in the Freezer". Recipe can be doubled or tripled and frozen
Top Review by Mandus
My husband and I LOVE this recipe. It's easy to make and the flavor is fantastic. I usually make it up with the largest roast I can fit in my crockpot and then freeze portions for later. The thawed Salsa Beef is just as delicious and even quicker to prepare!
- 2 lbs beef chuck or 2 lbs round roast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in Crockpot. Add remaining ingredients and enough water to barely cover roast. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours (depending on Crockpot) until beef is tender.
- Remove and shred, using 2 forks to pull apart.
- Return meat to Crockpot and stir to combine meat and liquid.
- Serve as a filling for tacos, burritos, chalupas. Serve with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, etc.
- To freeze: Cool, freeze in gallon freezer bag.