Recipe by DesertRose15
My favorite recipe for burrito meat. From the cookbook "Don't Panic-Dinner's in the Freezer". If you have a large crockpot, you can double or triple the recipe and freeze the meat for later. The recipe calls for vegetable oil, but I never add it. It's very easy to make, no browning required.
Top Review by DustyPyatt
I Love Love Love this recipe! Instead of the water I used beef stock and then added on about 10 slices of jalapenos. Delish! I also do this as OAMC....I put all ingrdients into a large freezer bag and seal it. Then thaw and dump in the crockpot. I skip the browning step and it turns out great!
- 2 lbs beef chuck or 2 lbs round roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in Crockpot. Add remaining ingredients and enough water to barely cover roast. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours until beef is tender. Remove and shred, using 2 forks to pull apart. Return meat to Crockpot and stir to combine meat and liquid.
- Serve as a filling for tacos, burritos, chalupas. Serve with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, etc.