- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, add garlic and boil for 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, mash garlic and salt into a paste and whisk in mustard and vinegar.
- Add oil in a stream, still whisking.
- Add romain and toss.
- Top with pine nuts, parmesan, and freshly ground black pepper.