Recipe by june lou and the baker
Quick and easy recipe! I got this recipe from a family member and it has quickly become a household favorite! You can also add bar b q sauce to make it a little different!
Top Review by gailanng
Of all things, it's complicated to explain and I don't have time for it here, but I'll just allege that it involves roast beef poboys. In addition let's suffice to say, I shouldn't have to eat again until 2013.
- 6 lbs chuck roast
- 4 ounces beef broth (B-V Beefer Upper)
- salt and pepper
- poboy buns or hoagie roll
Directions See How It's Made
- .Wash Roast in cold water.
- Season roast lightly with your seasoning of choice then place it in a hot skillet and brown on each side! (Do not season to much as the beefer upper is pretty salty already).
- Place the roast in a large crockpot and pour the whole 4 oz bottle of B-V The Beefer Upper Broth and Sauce on top of the roast!
- Pour enough water in the crock pot to cover the roast completely.
- Cook for 8 hours on medium heat.
- Remove roast from the crock pot and remove the fat and shred with a fork.
- Pour gravy into a medium pot and add mixture of cornstarch and water to the gravy and simmer until desired consistency! ( make sure that you mix the cornstarch and water in a cup before pouring and be sure not to add to much because it will make the gravy slimy if you do).
- After the gravy is ready add your shredded roast!
- If you choose to add barbq sauce do not use all the gravy as it will be to watery.