1/2 Photos of Shredded Roast Beef Poboys
9 hrs 10 mins
june lou and the baker's Note:
Quick and easy recipe! I got this recipe from a family member and it has quickly become a household favorite! You can also add bar b q sauce to make it a little different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1.Wash Roast in cold water.
- 2Season roast lightly with your seasoning of choice then place it in a hot skillet and brown on each side! (Do not season to much as the beefer upper is pretty salty already).
- 3Place the roast in a large crockpot and pour the whole 4 oz bottle of B-V The Beefer Upper Broth and Sauce on top of the roast!
- 4Pour enough water in the crock pot to cover the roast completely.
- 5Cook for 8 hours on medium heat.
- 6Remove roast from the crock pot and remove the fat and shred with a fork.
- 7Pour gravy into a medium pot and add mixture of cornstarch and water to the gravy and simmer until desired consistency! ( make sure that you mix the cornstarch and water in a cup before pouring and be sure not to add to much because it will make the gravy slimy if you do).
- 8After the gravy is ready add your shredded roast!
- 9If you choose to add barbq sauce do not use all the gravy as it will be to watery.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Roast Beef Poboys
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 179.6 mg
- Sodium 262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 57.6 g