Recipe by Mommy 2 Evan
Very quick to make, travels well and also makes a great leftover
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Simple and delicious... maybe a little rich, but it's a stretch to call that a complaint. Cheese and the buttered cornflake topping gave this vibrant color. This was planned as a side and turned out to be the best thing on the plate. Made for Pick A Chef, April 09.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces shredded hash brown potatoes
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 cups corn flakes or 2 cups chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except the hash browns in a large bowl. Place hash browns in a greased 2quart baking dish. Add mixture to the hash browns & stir until well mixed.
- Topping - Mix together cornflakes/chips and 1/2 margarine together and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.