Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Delicious salmon cakes made with potatoes and the added color of red bell pepper and green onion. I enjoy a simple garlic mayonnaise to accompany the cakes but you can pretty much use whatever you desire. These turned out great and definitely became an all-time favorite.
Top Review by Chef Lil' Butt Boy
Yum! What a great recipe! I love hashbrown patties and salmon patties, so two-in-one PLUS the yummy veggies make this recipe a MUST HAVE! I didn't use capers and traded the green onions for yellow (sweet) onion and it was even better! (*got this hint from Chef Sunshine herself*) Definitely 5*****!!!!! Thanks Chef Sunshine for another excellent recipe to add to my collection!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb cooked flaked salmon
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped canned banana pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup oil (for frying, or as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze as much liquid from the potatoes as you can, and place in a large bowl. Beat the eggs with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and mix with the potatoes. Mix in salmon, green onions, capers, red bell pepper, banana peppers, mushrooms and bread crumbs. Form into about 12 patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the patties for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels quickly before serving.
- Try to fry all the patties at one time, otherwise the mixture becomes stiff.