Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I always loved hot sandwiches as a kid. My family is not too crazy about 'mushy meat', but this has a flavor that even they love. I like to use home made white bread to turn this into open faced sandwiches. Add mashed potatoes and you have a complete comfort meal for a cold day. Leftovers get turned into a quick and easy potpie the next day. This also freezes very well! Considering the ingredients, I am sure I got the recipe idea from a soup can once upon a time. It has been so long I honestly cannot remember, though.
- 2 -3 lbs roast (can be any kind, I use what is on sale)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) packetdry beefy onion soup mix
- 39 ounces water (1 1/2 soup can)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle beefy onion soup mix over roast.
- Mix 39 oz water and mushroom soup.
- Pour over roast.
- Turn crock pot on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Right before meal time, take roast out of crock.
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 C water.
- Pour into broth in crock.
- Stir well.
- Shred roast with two forks and return to crock pot.
- Serve over bread.