Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a variation on my Chile Verdadero I did to make shredded pork for a taco bar. If you don't have hatch chiles, use another or a mix.
- 1814.36 g pork, but (shoulder)
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 453.59 g tomatillos (fresh chopped or canned drained)
- 453.59 g hatch chiles, roasted with stem tops removed and roughly chopped
- Mexican oregano (regular oregano will work)
- Plop the pork in your crock pot.
- Sprinkle everything else on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 + hours or on high for 4+ hours.
- Remove al the goodies and place in a big bowl.
- Place pork on the cutting board (preferable with a drip ring to catch all that good juice.
- Use 2 forks or your fingers to shred.
- Put shredded pork in the bowl with the goodies and as much juice as you want. Mix well.
- If you have other juice, save it in the fridge and use it for something else.
- Scale the recipe to your needs. However, instead of scaling down, just freeze some for future meals.