Recipe by Wineaux
Taquitos are my very favorite Mexican food. This is a good recipe because it's so adaptable! The cook time varies, for some reason, so when they look done, take them out of the frying pan.
Top Review by Lakerdog2
SO GOOD! I used some green chile shredded pork (recipe found here on Zaar) I had cooked in the crockpot about a week ago, I had vaccum packaged the leftovers and frozen them. I fried the taquitos I served to boyfriend and the kids, but I baked mine. I did have to steal a bite of the fried ones, and I actually liked the baked ones better! The lemon pepper is really good in this. Great recipe.
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 1 lb leftover shredded roast pork or 1 lb roast beef or 1 lb cooked chicken
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred roast pork (or roast beef or chicken) with fork.
- Add remaining ingredients (except tortillas) and mix together.
- Dip tortillas in warmed oil to soften, then spread a large tablespoon of pork mixture in tortilla and roll up.
- Secure with wooden pick and fry in oil.
- Can be frozen.
- To eat, dip in sour cream and avocado dip.