The crock pot & your favorite bottled BBQ sauce or my recipe for Sweet -N-Tangy Barbecue Sauce makes cooking up these delicious sandwiches very easy. The meat is tender & practically shreds itself. I've been making this recipe for 20 years & always get rave reviews.
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns or 6 hoagie rolls
- Trim any areas with large amounts of fat on the pork.
- Put pork into crock pot, cutting into a few smaller chunks if needed.
- Add BBQ sauce & stir gently to coat meat.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or until meat has begun to shred when stirred.
- When meat is done, use two forks to shred it the rest of the way right in the crock.
- Serve on your choice of buns or rolls.
This is a good and easy way to make pulled pork sandwiches but I would change just one thing. I first cook the pork in my crock pot covered in root beer. Yes, you read that right, root beer. Once the pork is tender drain the root beer and shred the pork. Stir in your favorite barbeque sauce and let simmer 45 minutes to an hour and you will have the most tender and flavorful pulled pork sandwiches ever!
Easy, but really boring. Nothing special about it.
this recipe is great I cook it all the time