7 hrs 30 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave onion, tomato paste, garlic, oil, oregano, and pepper flakes in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Stir in tomato puree, soy sauce, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- 3Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- 4Cover and cook until pork is tender, 6-7 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- 5Using large spoon, skim excess fat from surface of sauce.
- 6Break pork into about 1-inch pieces with tongs.
- 7Before serving, stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Makes enough sauce for 1 pound pasta.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Pork Ragu
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 493.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 27.0 g