Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Microwave onion, tomato paste, garlic, oil, oregano, and pepper flakes in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato puree, soy sauce, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until pork is tender, 6-7 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- Using large spoon, skim excess fat from surface of sauce.
- Break pork into about 1-inch pieces with tongs.
- Before serving, stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes enough sauce for 1 pound pasta.