Recipe by wife2abadge
Easy delicious stew -- I typed the recipe as the directions gave it, but I usually simmer the stew longer because I like the peppers softer and I put the corn in frozen. The nutritional info on the recipe says it has 358 calories, 8 g fat, 21 g protein, 53 g carbohydrates, and 5 g fiber
- 2 sweet green peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 18 ounces prepared barbecued pork, shredded
- 15 ounces sweet potatoes in syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot combine the peppers, corn, pork, and 1 cup water.
- Heat, covered, over medium-high heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Stir the potatoes into stew and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese.