Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I am sooo excited to have this recipe! This is a sweeter meat, and it comes from a wonderful Tex-Mex restaurant in Utah, and this pork is to DIE for. I hope you enjoy!
- 3 -4 lbs pork roast
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, more if you want....but dont overdo it
- Sprinkle roast all over with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place in crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- After cooking, take roast out and shred.
- Place back into crockpot.
- Add the enchilada sauce and brown sugar and let it heat through.
This is a very easy dish to prepare and it's really quite flavorful with only a few ingredients. I can only imagine how good the other reviewer who smoked the meat was- yum. My family likes things a tad spicer so next time I will look for a enchilada sauce with some bite.
This is a great recipe- I also got it from someone in UT and have been making it for a while. The only difference is that my recipe calls for green TACO sauce (comes in a bottle like ketchup), which is usually very concentrated and zippy, unlike enchilada sauce. This may account for a better balance with the 1/2 cup of brown sugar, which I have never found too sweet. I also drain all the fat/liquids out of the crock pot before returning the shredded roast and adding the sauce and sugar. It really does taste worthy of a restaurant!
super easy and very tasty. based on the other reviews I did cut the brown sugar to 3Tbsp. It was sweet by not overly so. Next time I'll use a spicier enchilada sauce or some added spices. Will definitely make this again.