Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Food & Wine. November 2006. MAKE AHEAD: The brussels sprouts can be baked up to 2 hours ahead; rewarm them before serving.
- 3 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a food processor fitted with a slicing blade, coarsely shred the brussels sprouts. On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are tender and browned in spots; rotate the pans and stir the brussels sprouts halfway through roasting.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, toss and bake for 1 more minute, or until the cheese is melted. Transfer the brussels sprouts to a bowl and serve.