Recipe by Amayzng30
This is an adaptation of a recipe from "30 Minute Meals". This is a mildly flavored chicken dish that isversatile and easy, simply stuff into taco shells, fold into burritos, or make chicken nachos--top tortilla chips with this chicken, some cheese, and favorite toppings and bake until cheese melts.
Top Review by KAROUSING
This recipe is nicely structured for some classic shredded chicken. I found I had to doctor it up a bit to satiate my taste buds. I simmered the chicken for an hour and a half. I also kept in some of the boiled base for flavor and added some cottage cheese to keep in the juice. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups chicken broth (canned is fine)
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove remaining fat and skin from chicken.
- Rub lime halves all over chicken and allow to sit to impart flavor.
- In a large pot, bring next 6 ingredients to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes, depending on size).
- Meanwhile, mix salsa, cumin and chili powder in a large bowl.
- Drain chicken until it is cool enough to handle.
- Add chicken to salsa mixture and shred chicken with two forks, stirring to distribute salsa and seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.