This is an adaptation of a recipe from "30 Minute Meals". This is a mildly flavored chicken dish that isversatile and easy, simply stuff into taco shells, fold into burritos, or make chicken nachos--top tortilla chips with this chicken, some cheese, and favorite toppings and bake until cheese melts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove remaining fat and skin from chicken.
- 2Rub lime halves all over chicken and allow to sit to impart flavor.
- 3In a large pot, bring next 6 ingredients to a boil.
- 4Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes, depending on size).
- 5Meanwhile, mix salsa, cumin and chili powder in a large bowl.
- 6Drain chicken until it is cool enough to handle.
- 7Add chicken to salsa mixture and shred chicken with two forks, stirring to distribute salsa and seasoning.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Mexican Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 756.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 32.0 g