Recipe by threeovens
A recipe from Colombia. Flank steak is used because it is more flavorful than some other cuts of beef. Times do not include overnight marinating time.
Top Review by jrusk
I used this for tacos and it was hands down the best taco meat ever! Instead of adding more salt to the meat I added some adobo seasoning and it really gave it good flavor. I used london broil b/c that's what I had. Today I am on my way to the store to get flank steaks so we can have it again this weekend. I'd love to try it in a crock pot for a weeknight meal sometime. Thanks!!!
- 2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed of fat
- 4 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine half of the chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the chopped onions, 1/2 tsp minced garlic and 1/4 tsp salt. Rub over flank steak and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the marinated flank steak in a dutch oven and cover with water. Cook until tender about 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from dutch oven and let cool down. Shred meat by hand or with two forks.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, remaining tomato, garlic and salt. Add shredded meat and stir fry about 10 minutes until heated through.