Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
This new twist on green beans is from Heidi Swanson's "Super Natural Cooking". I love green beans, so I am always up to try something different. This recipe is terrifc! Also great with just lemon zest.
- 340.19 g green beans, and tops and tails trimmed or 340.19 g yellow beans, tops and tails trimmed
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil or 29.58 ml ghee
- 29.58 ml water
- 1 large lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 lime, zest of, grated
- 59.14 ml fresh chives, chopped
- Slice the beans on a diagonal into roughly 1/8 " pieces. If you are using a food processor, do them a handful at a time. Eitehr way, the result should be tiny, angular zeroes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beans and stir until coated with oil, then add the water.
- Cover and cook 2 or 3 minutes, until the beans are brightly colored and tender; give the pan a good shake midway through to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the zests and half of the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve garnished with the remaining chives.
Am a fan of fresh green beans, & THIS RECIPE IS GREAT ~ The citrus zest does wonders here! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]