The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1990 He says: ”This is a very pretty dish, since the lovely white daikon radish is cut into very then strips and then pickled. The result adds both beauty and flavor to the plate.”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs daikon radishes, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 3 tablespoons korean red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chives, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1Toss the daikon with the pickling salt and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Drain well and squeeze out excess water.
- 3Toss all the ingredients together.
- 4Put in mason jars and put lids on, but not too tight, so gas can escape.
- 5Leave them on the counter overnight, then refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Daikon Kimchee
Serving Size: 1 (1572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.4 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar