1/2 Photos of Shredded Chicken Tacos
A recipe I found from Goya when looking for authentic chicken taco recipes. This is what the recipe stated: "Bone and skin are left on the chicken breasts so they're extra flavorful as they simmer in tomato sauce and a blend of savory seasonings." Their recipe stated to use all their brands for the seasoning, vinegar, oil etc., but using what you have on hand will work. The "Adobo with pepper" is a seasoning I found in my stores ethnic isle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (2 - 8 ounce cans Goya brand tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 1/2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- adobo with pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package corn tortillas, warmed
For the Garnish
- 1In medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and sugar. Season with Adobo; set aside.
- 22. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken, turning once, until light golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add reserved tomato sauce mixture to pan; bring to a boil (be careful, the tomato sauce can splatter). Lower heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, until cooked through (thermometer will register 170 degrees F when inserted into thickest part of breast), flipping once, about 20 minutes.
- 33. Transfer chicken to cutting board; reserve sauce in pan. Remove and discard bones and skin. Using two forks, shred chicken breast. Transfer chicken to skillet with sauce, mixing to combine; continue to cook until sauce reduces and blends into chicken, and mixture begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes more.
- 44. Transfer chicken mixture to serving bowl. Spoon into warmed corn tortillas. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and/or onions, if desired. Sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Chicken Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.0
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 815.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 53.7 g